This week Jess and I decided to do something a little more festive since we’re getting closer to Halloween. I decided to use pictures from now on just because the videos are taking up a lot of space on my phone that I currently don’t have. Here is the link to the recipe. We again found this recipe off of Pinterest.

To start, we preheated the oven to 350˙C

We cracked three eggs

We added 1/2 of applesauce

A bag of vanilla cake mix

`

1 tsp of cinnamon

And a 1/3 cup of milk

We then added the can of puree pumpkin. The can was 15 oz and we almost added ALL of it!

2 tsp of vanilla

The recipe also called for pumpkin pie spice, but we could’t find anything like this at the grocery store, so we left it out. We hopped it wasn’t a big deal and that we had enough pumpkin and spice in the recipe already that it wouldn’t affect it that much.

Then we blended that all together until it was nicely combined

We then poured our mixture into our pan to be put into the oven for approximately 30 minutes

We took it out a stabbed it with a fork to make sure it was cooked all the way through

Then we crumbled it up!

We added 1/3 of a cup of vanilla frosting and stirred it in the cake crumbs

We then used our hands and rolled little balls with the cake

We put all the cake balls in a container and let them sit in the freezer for around 30 minutes

While they were freezing, we started on the skewers. We cut the skewers in half so we had enough for all our pops

We placed our chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 sec intervals to start to melt them. And mixing when needed. Once the balls were set, we then dipped the skewers in the chocolate and pushed the balls on to the skewer and let them sit to set while we made the icing.

We then did the same thing with our white chocolate chips and put it in the microwave for 30 sec intervals. Once we brought it out for a small period of time, it started to solidify when we put the food colouring in! It smelt terrible, like burnt chocolate in my house for the longest time. I’m not sure why this happened. We still had half the bag of white chocolate chips so we thought we’d give it one more go… it did the same thing! Jess and I finally came to the conclusion that it was not going to work.

We still had some of the frosting left over, so decided to use this and add the food colouring to that.

We used our green icing pack to make the stems at the top of the pumpkins. This is how they turned out.

Our cohort loved them and thought they were amazing. It was the best thing we’ve ever made but we think we’re actuating started to get the hang of some baking… not melting chocolate though!

Madi 🙂