We have made it to the last day of the project! It has been a long month trying to find the time to practice, but I think I’ve finally got the hang of this song!! The fireworks in the picture above show how today is the last day and its a celebration 😉

In my last post I said that I discovered that the music sheets said that the left hand did certain notes in the trouble clef and it confused me, so I decided to cut it out. Turns out it’s a crucial part of the song, so I made it my goal to be able to play this song while moving all over the keyboard. I’m very surprised in myself that I’m able to do this because I thought it would be a lot more challenging. The first couple times I tried putting my hands together it sounded terrible and I got very frustrated. I decided to play the song at a very slow pace in order for me to be able to manage going all over the keyboard, and that helped a lot. I’ve gotten to a place where I can play the song a little faster than what I started out doing, which I think is okay considering the song is suppose to be slow. I didn’t focus too much be quite (piano) or louder (forte) because I was really trying to focus on keeping a steady pace while moving across the keyboard (as you can tell in the video).

Overall I really enjoyed this project and being able to go back and revisit the piano since I haven’t played in so long. It’s very satisfying when you can play a song all the way through when all you did to start was play one hand at a time. Thank you to my wonderful teacher for this opportunity and here’s my finished product… Hope you enjoy 🙂

Madi 🙂